The Pentagon Channel

Go down

The Pentagon Channel

Post by John Parmenter on Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:41 am

Does anyone else watch The Pentagon Channel on television (Dish channel 9405)? It's on 24 hours a day & produced by the Department of Defense. There is a large variety of 30-minute military-related programs, many of which are pretty interesting. There's even a cooking program "Grill Sergeants," an exercise program "Fit for Duty" and a lot of current U.S. military updates & up-to-the-minute news. My favorite, "Battleground" is historic footage of conflicts & other military history. Saturday was a program on General Pershing. Sunday was about Army Basic Combat Training at Ft. Ord about 1967 & this morning was a program about the 9th "Old Reliable" Infantry Division in Vietnam. There are programs for Veterans & an amazing array of subjects for anyone with an interest in the military. The Pentagon Channel -- Check it out! What a Face
John Parmenter

Back to top Go down

Re: The Pentagon Channel

Post by Chris_Bowman on Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:56 am

John Parmenter wrote:Does anyone else watch The Pentagon Channel on television (Dish channel 9405)? We've got cable service, here, but that's not offered. There's even a cooking program "Grill Sergeants" Wonder if they've had a S.O.S. Cookoff yet? If you don't lift the ladle through three inches of grease, I sorta like it. Laughing And another thing, I don't care what Sgt Rock says, Ham & Limas are good chow. My favorite, "Battleground" is historic footage of conflicts & other military history. Now, that we do have, either on The History Channel or The Military Channel and they have some excellent episodes.

Back to top Go down

Post by obenow on Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:45 pm

9405 dish here is "THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES" Now who in the heck would watch that.
obenow

Back to top Go down

Post by John Parmenter on Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:44 am

NOT ME! affraid
Although, sometimes on weekends I watch C-SPAN (Channel 210).
John Parmenter

Back to top Go down

Post by John Parmenter on Wed May 19, 2010 8:38 am

This morning's "Battleground" program was one you Red Legs will appreciate -- a half-hour documentary about Ft. Sill, Oklahoma, home of the Artillery. If you'd like to see it, watch The Pentagon Channel today at 1300 MDT. Cool
John Parmenter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down