Pass out the Cigars a daddy at 60+

Go down

Pass out the Cigars a daddy at 60+

Post by obenow on Fri May 21, 2010 1:08 pm

This is our daughter that was killed son.

After a 4 year stint as a legal guadian, we decided that we needed to have full adoption to hlep lay out our grandsons future. We asked the dad telling him what we were going to do, he of course living in Ariz. and not having seen or talked to Brendon and us having "legal" custody, he refused. Said he bleongs to me I own him.

Long and short of it I hire and attorney and we go to court 3 times to present our cases and yesterday being he final decission. He did not even show up or call. He is not required to do so by law. Any way we went ahead with the trial and presented our case and was awarded adoption effective 5/20/2010.

Now we can move on with mapping his future and not be concerned with him coming on to the scene and stoping it.
obenow

Back to top Go down

Re: Pass out the Cigars a daddy at 60+

Post by Pconlon on Fri May 21, 2010 1:24 pm

**** Real Good - I've been wondering about it.

**** Congratulations.

Pconlon

Back to top Go down

Post by the SS on Fri May 21, 2010 1:25 pm

Congratulations! We, being the members of the rest of society, thank and praise you. Without you and your wife sacrificing to save this young guy he would have surely ended up in prison. cheers bounce Very Happy

the SS

Back to top Go down

Post by Long Thrust IV on Fri May 21, 2010 5:28 pm

Congratulations obenow. Good for you and your wife. It sounds like you and your wife will provide the love, support and guidance that this boy needs now and in the future... cheers cheers I salute you.

Fred S.
Long Thrust IV

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Bell on Fri May 21, 2010 5:54 pm

Congratulations, Obe. You're a big man with an even bigger heart. Every youngster should be so lucky as to have a Grandpa/Dad like you stepping up for them.
It's becoming more common. I know several Vietnam Vets here in Pahrump. Two of my closest friends are raising their grandkids. One is a widower and raising 3 alone. The other, with his wife is also raising 3, one of whom is 16 and has just announced her pregnancy...
My hat is off to all you guys.

Jerry Bell

Back to top Go down

Post by obenow on Fri May 21, 2010 8:38 pm

Thanks guys, I think the six year old is the smartest in the house.

I asked him last night when we put him to bed, did you have a good day? His face lit up and he smiled and said this was a great day. I have waited 102 and twenty six weeks for you to adopt me and make me your son. Then he looks at us and says, I don't want to make you upset, but I still want to call you papaw and granma, my mommy is dead but she is my mommy, my dad .....well I don't know, he lives far away. Is that ok.

What do you think guys is Ok?
obenow

Back to top Go down

Post by saint on Fri May 21, 2010 11:00 pm

Obe, congratulation to you and your love one, You are a great person. Give my regards to your boy.
Juan.

120th Assault Hel Co
Gunships and Comd Aircraft Co.
saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Detonate95 on Fri May 21, 2010 11:01 pm

Reading this surely made me think of all of the people in this country who are willing to step up and help. Thank God for them, each and every one. My wife and I did foster care for high risk boys for many years. Many of them stay in touch and still think of me as their dad. I adopted one of them and he has made me a proud grandpa twice with another due. There are so many children out there in need of a good home it is unbelievable.

Vietnam 1966-1967
Life Member, Society of the First Infantry Division
Detonate95

Back to top Go down

Post by Detonate95 on Fri May 21, 2010 11:04 pm

Obe, let him call you whatever he feels comfortable with. His mother, God rest her soul, will always be his mother. There's no way to change that.

Vietnam 1966-1967
Life Member, Society of the First Infantry Division
Detonate95

Back to top Go down

Post by johnpeters on Sat May 22, 2010 3:46 pm

congrats obe with 15 grand kids and one great g son i can tell ya you just gained a great fishing buddy and golf partner all the way got 4 of em livin with me now!!! wow!

johnpeters

Back to top Go down

Post by Luther Patton on Sun May 23, 2010 12:38 pm

Thats great Obenow. Congrats. to you and your wife. I know how you feel, a big sigh of relief. Knowing that your Granson will have a good up bringing. Its obvious that his dad does not care. What a shame.
My-X gave up our kids, against my will, but i eventually got custody of them after eight long years and alot of praying.
God Bless you and your family Obenow.
Luther Patton
Luther Patton

Back to top Go down

Post by Lmaha92951 on Sun May 23, 2010 2:43 pm

Congrats Obe! Let him call you what he's comfortable with. Wishing you guys all the best in the years ahead!

Lorrie

Lmaha92951

Back to top Go down

Post by obenow on Sun May 23, 2010 8:07 pm

Thanks for all the kind remarks. He told his granma he will call mom on some days if he really needs loved.
obenow

Back to top Go down

Post by Trackpuppy on Mon May 24, 2010 7:23 am

Obe i am catchiing up on threads after being away for a few days .. just read this post and WOW... I know you guys have to being feeling some relief on your hearts to now know that the little man will forever be yours and that as you stated you can lay out his future w/o worring someone will step in and ruin what you have worked hard to achive. You and your wife are an insperation to us all!
Trackpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by mogunone on Fri May 28, 2010 4:12 pm

We just had a memorial service for my son's father-in-law who died suddenly and without warning. His two favorite sayings were, "Because it's the right thing to do." and "SIMPLIFY". We'll miss John. But it sounds like you've got the same philosophy, Obe. Thanks for stepping up, Papa Bear. Not easy, not fair, but life isn't. It's just, "the right thing to do." God bless you and Karen. And best wishes to Mini-Obe.
mogunone

http://raymoreoutdoorsports.mysite.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake11boots on Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:58 pm

Obe, we couldn't be happier.
Jake11boots

Back to top Go down

Post by doclou on Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:14 pm

GREAT JOB OBE ... Congratulations, I know your Grandson is in good hands. Give him a A BIG RED ONE HUG FOR ME ... DocLou
doclou

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum